Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's My Name?

 
I am a Book in elegant prints
To know my name, here are some hints:
Rich in cover and nicely bound
In hearts of Muslims I am rarely found
High on a shelf I am usually kept
Forgotten and neglected, I am left
With respect I do get lots of kiss
My main point is what they always miss
At times I am used for phoney swear
My true use though is very rare
A Miracle I am that can change the world
All one has to do is heed my word
I am your saviour, I am your guide
So come and take heed, come and abide
I have wisdom, I have treasure
So much so, there is no measure
Right from wrong is my fame
Holy Qur'an is my name

UNKNOWN

Photo taken at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

4 comments:

quranteaching October 11, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

quran is the main entity of a Muslim and it tells us to live in peace hope we do so and obey the rules of holy quran

MemoPad Queen October 14, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

its a beautiful poem and it is true how this beautiful book is always left up in the shelf, forgotten & neglected...

neena maiya (guyana gyal) October 15, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

If someone were to do a survey about who reads, how often, when was the last time, what has the reader learnt...I wonder what the results would be :-)

qurantutoring February 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

Quran the Book of sucess , We must Read Quran daily and try to understand it to get succeed in this world as well as in the next world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wanna Chat?


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Blog archive

Email service

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of updates by email

Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark & Share

Bookmark and Share

Total Visitors

Total Pageviews

About this blog

A collection of photographs portraying life in one of the world's wealthiest cities - Abu Dhabi, the island capital of the United Arab Emirates by Peter Waters, a photography aficionado, a thalassophile (look it up !) and proud finalist of the du Social Media Awards 2012 for Best Blog/Blogger

© All rights reserved peterwaters@gmail.com



Buy the book

By Peter Waters &...

Rich Sheiks click here

Want to see more cities?

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP