Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ship on the horizon

 
I am standing on the sea shore,
A ship sails in the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.
She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her
Till at last she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says:
"She is gone."


Gone! Where?
Gone from my sight - that is all.
She is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her
And just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.
The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me,
not in her.


And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
"She is gone",
There are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up a glad shout:
"There she comes"

Bishop Brent
1862 - 1926 .

1 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) February 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

Very evocative photo!

This verse reminds me of my thoughts of the moon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wanna Chat?


Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.

Blog archive

Email service

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of updates by email

Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark & Share

Bookmark and Share

Total Visitors

Total Pageviews

About this blog

A collection of photographs portraying life in one of the world's wealthiest cities - Abu Dhabi, the island capital of the United Arab Emirates by Peter Waters, a photography aficionado, a thalassophile (look it up !) and proud finalist of the du Social Media Awards 2012 for Best Blog/Blogger

© All rights reserved peterwaters@gmail.com



Buy the book

By Peter Waters &...

Rich Sheiks click here

Want to see more cities?

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP